Unlock $350 with 53 Bank’s Exclusive Current Checking Bonus
Get $350 with our Current Checking Account Bonus Offer. Earn $350 when opening an eligible Fifth Third checking account with qualifying activities. Offer expires January 7, 2024. See all terms & conditions.
How to Earn Your Checking Account Bonus at Fifth Third Bank
Apply for a checking account that suits your needs, right at your fingertips, and enjoy our checking bonus offers. $350 is yours in just 2 easy steps:
- Open a new checking account by 1/7/2024. Enter your existing offer code.
- Make direct deposits totaling $500 or more within 90 days of account opening.
*The $350 bonus will be added to your new account within 10 business days of completing qualifying activity requirements.
Checking Account Benefits and Perks at Fifth Third Bank
Lucky you! Once you sign up for a Fifth Third Momentum® Checking9 account, you’ll enjoy:
- NO hidden fees, NO minimum balance
- Extra Time® to avoid overdraft fees
- Peace of mind with fraud protection
- Access to your eligible payroll direct deposits up to 2 days early with free Early Pay
- Immediate FundsSM to instantly access your check deposits (fees apply)
- Help at every step from local bankers
- Open a new account in minutes
NOTICES & DISCLOSURES
- To qualify for the $350 checking bonus, provide the offer code, open a Fifth Third Momentum® Checking, or Preferred2 checking account by 1/7/2024 and make direct deposits totaling $500 or more within 90 days of account opening. Account(s) must be funded within 90 days of account opening or account may be closed, and you may not be eligible for the bonus. The $350 checking bonus does not require any additional activities. A qualifying Direct Deposit is an Automated Clearing House (ACH) credit, which may include payroll, pension or government payments (such as Social Security). The cash bonus will be deposited into your new account within 10 business days of completing qualifying activity requirements. In order to receive the cash bonus, your checking account must be open and in good standing. Offer is not available to anyone who has an ownership interest (including, but not limited to, primary owner or joint owner) in any existing Fifth Third checking or a Fifth Third checking account that closed within the last 13 months. Bank reserves the right to limit each customer to one new account-related gift incentive per calendar year. Eligibility may be limited based on your account type and ownership role. No minimum deposit required to open a checking account. Bonus is considered income and may be reported on IRS Form 1099-INT, 1099-MISC, or 1042-S, as required by applicable law. UNIQUE OFFER CODE MUST BE PRESENTED AT ACCOUNT OPENING TO RECEIVE THE BONUS. See your banker for details. Not valid with any other offer. Offer availability subject to change.
- Fifth Third Preferred Checking® is an interest-bearing checking account and all balances earn 0.01% Annual Percentage Yield (APY) in all markets. APYs are accurate as of 9/2/2023 and may change at any time.
- Fifth Third Momentum® Banking benefits are only available with Fifth Third Momentum® Checking.
- Fifth Third Extra Time® gives you longer—anytime before midnight ET on the business day after your account is overdrawn—to make a deposit that brings your available balance to at least $0. You must deposit enough to cover all items that caused your overdraft plus any outstanding checks, automatic payments, or pending debit card purchases that may be presented that business day. Extra Time® does not apply to items that are returned unpaid.
- Fifth Third employs a number of fraud protection measures and offers you fee-free tools, such as alerts, to help protect your account. You may also enroll in Fifth Third Identity Alert®, an optional, non-FDIC insured product, subject to additional fees, provided by Fifth Third’s vendor, Trilegiant.
- Early Pay is available for Fifth Third Momentum® Checking accounts only. Early Pay grants you access to your eligible direct deposit payments up to two days prior to the scheduled payment date. Early access to funds is dependent on submission of direct deposit by payer and standard fraud prevention restrictions.
- Certain restrictions and fees will apply. Fees are disclosed at the time of deposit. Deposits can be made in branch or via our mobile app. Mobile deposits are subject to Digital Services User Agreement; including applicable cut-off times.
- Fifth Third Bank is part of a nationwide network of more than 40,000 fee-free ATMs. Customers of Fifth Third Bank can use their Fifth Third debit, ATM or prepaid card to conduct transactions fee-free from ATMs listed on our ATM locator on 53.com or our Mobile Banking app. Fees will apply when using your credit card at any ATM to perform a cash advance or when using a credit card to withdraw cash. See the Deposit Account Rules & Regulations for additional information on ATM fees and services. ATM network is fee free for Fifth Third Bank customers when using their debit or prepaid card to withdraw cash. When you use an ATM not owned by us, you may be charged a fee by the ATM operator or any network used (and you may be charged a fee for a balance inquiry even if you do not complete a fund transfer). Non-Fifth Third ATM Transaction: $3.00 per transaction; International Point of Sale/ATM Transaction Fee: 3.00% of Transaction Amount; Currency Conversion Fee: 0.20% of the Transaction Amount; International ATM Withdrawal: $5.00; Non-Fifth Third Cash Advance Debit Card Fee: Greater of $5 or 3.00% of the transaction amount up to a maximum of $10.
- Fifth Third Momentum® Banking Benefits are only available with Fifth Third Momentum® Checking.